During wrinkle relaxing treatment, a very fine needle is injected below the surface of the skin. Treatements can be completed in as little as 10 minutes. Results are seen in 3-14 days post treatment. Armpits should be shaved at least 24 hours before treatment appointment.
Please click here to complete and submit your consultation form before placing your booking. A consultation is compulsory at Tia Calder Aesthetics, and is required to be completed every 6 months or whenever medical history changes.
Botulinum A Toxin can be described as a freeze dried, vacuum stored, purified protein which temporarily relaxes the muscles/ glands which cause wrinkles/ sweating by trimming off a receptor that usually helps pass the message from the nerve to the muscle. The receptor regenerates in 6-12 months when the treatment wears off.
Hyperhidrosis Aftercare Advice:
- Some patients experience slight discomfort around the treatment area for a short time following the treatment session and you may experience some swelling and bruising to the treated area, which usually resolves within a couple of days.
- You should notice some benefits within the first week, the results are not permanent and the results will differ from patient to patient. On average your next treatment will be due after about 6-12 months.
- The extent of Hyperhidrosis reduction will also differ from patient to patient. For the majority of patients sweating is reduced by at least half.
- Rarely a small amount of Botulinum Toxin may spread out from the injection site and affect a nearby nerve that supplies a muscle potentially causing the patient to experience mild weakness of the arm. These effects are not permanent and will wear off over a period of months.
- Usually, a small number of patients have reported an increase is sweating in another part of the body, usually resolving within 4 months.
- As Botulinum Toxin A is a protein, there is a small chance that “flu like” symptoms ( Tiredness, mild fever, muscle aches) may occur, these will appear within a few days.
- If however this does not resolve or you experience any other unusual reaction, please contact your local clinic who may need to arrange a further appointment with your practitioner.