Wrinkle Relaxing Injections
During wrinkle relaxing treatment, a very fine needle is injected below the surface of the skin. Treatements can be completed in as little as 10 minutes. Results are seen in 3-14 days post treatment.
Please click here to complete and submit your consultation form before placing your booking. A consultation is compulsory at Tia Calder Aesthetics, and is required to be completed every 6 months or whenever medical history changes.
Botulinum A Toxin can be described as a freeze dried, vacuum stored, purified protein which temporarily relaxes the muscles/ glands which cause wrinkles/ sweating by trimming off a receptor that usually helps pass the message from the nerve to the muscle. The receptor regenerates in 3-6 months when the treatment wears off.
Wrinkle Relaxants Aftercare Advice:
Side effects: Include but are not limited to bleeding, redness, bruising, pain, tingling, swelling, headache, infection, dry eye and droopy eye.
- After Botulinum toxin treatment you may have some swelling, redness and bruising which will subside within the next few hours. Bruising may take a few days, especially if extensive. Arnica tablets/gel or vitamin K oxide cream can be used. A headache may occur after treatment and treated normally. Results emerge gradually during 3-14 days.
- Remain upright for 2 hours. Use the muscles that have been treated more often for the first hour.
- Do not apply make-up for approximately 6 hours unless mineral based. You should avoid facial massages or electrical stimulation of the face for the next 2 weeks.
- When cleansing, avoid pressure and gentle strokes away from the eyes.
- Avoid wearing tight caps or garments in the area that has been injected.
When to seek urgent review: Allergy or Infections can occur but are thankfully extremely uncommon. If you get a painful or itchy bump or swelling near an injection site please contact the office immediately for a review. Eye symptoms thought extremely rare, any side effects affecting the appearance or the function of your eyes especially very dry eyes could benefit from treatment, please inform us at the earliest opportunity.
When immediate help could be required: Anaphylaxis though rare in the extreme, immediately after your treatment, if you were to start to feel generally unwelland develop swelling and redness around your face, your clinician is trained to recognise and deal with anaphylaxis. If you are no longer in the clinic 999 should be called for an urgent ambulance explaining your concern is anaphylaxis.